Leading Australian tourism operators display the accreditation tick. They've met specific criteria ensuring they are committed to exceeding your expectations with great customer service and the highest standards of business practice.
When you choose a business with the “tick” you can expect:
- Professional customer service
- Accuracy in advertising
- Sound environmental practices
- An appropriately licencesd and qualified operator
- Adherence to a Code of Ethics
The Australian Tourism Accreditation Program (ATAP) certifies tourism businesses that meet specific quality assurance criteria ensuring they are committed to exceeding consumer expectations with great customer service and the highest standards of business practice. All ATAP accredited businesses undertake regular onsite audits to ensure compliance. To be ATAP accredited businesses must complete the following:
- Licences & Permits: Ensures the business has all the required licences and permits.
- Insurance Details: Ensures the business has all required coverage inc. at least $10million in public liability insurance.
- Customer Service: Business must have documented customer service procedures, booking and cancellation policies and customer feedback processes.
- Business Operating Systems: Ensures business has detailed & proactive operating systems ie: maintenance, health and safety and cleaning schedules.
- Human Resource Management: Ensure management complies with legislation relating to employing staff along with comprehensive ongoing training and skill development.
- Risk Management: Business must demonstrate documentation and Implementation of risk management plans, as well as emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Economic Sustainability and Financial Systems: Ensures business complies with accounting standards Up-to-date record keeping and complies with consumer laws..
- Environmental Management: business must demonstrate a documented and practical commitment to sustainable environmental practices.
- Code of Practice: Business must sign industry code of ethics.
So Trust The Tick of quality when planning your next holiday and choose an accredited operator with confidence.